Wednesday, September 8, 2010

So? What's YOUR victim story?

So, this keeps coming up for me: Victimhood. Not my own so much, though it does resurface to a moderate degree now and again. I have mostly exorcised my own victim. Thank goodness. She was really SUCH a bore, NO fun at parties.

I s'pose revealing the story of my suicide attempt got me to thinking about all the ways that I used to live my life as a victim and that got me to noticing the ways that so many people still do. And all that getting to thinking got me to wanting to ask, "What's your victim story?" "How do you keep yourself stuck?" "Where are you getting in your own way?" "What VALUE are you getting out of your victim story?" "How is your victim story aiding and abetting your crimes against yourself?"

I'd really love to hear from you. Seriously. Feel free to reply. Comment below. Send me an email. Phone me if you want. Just tell me your story. I believe it's fascinating and replete with juicy bits. 

Signed,
Lightning Dove Wants To Know..

3 comments:

  1. Holly Skinner
    Lara, I've been reading your blog and I love it. You have such great writing skills, maybe this is your new passion??
    I'm trying to think of myself with a victim story for myself and I can't seem to at this time, it's probably my weight. I do seem to attract people to me who potentially have these "victims" though. It's always been like that for as long as I can remember.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya Holly.. Thank you. I'm grateful for your complimentary feedback. Writing is not a new passion, it's been a lifelong passion. One might even go so far as to consider it my frist true love.. It's just one that has been mostly concealed or that only those closest to me are aware of. I felt it was time to set it free and let it soar. As for your victim story.. it's not MANDATORY that you have one (just seems lots of folks do) and I'm glad to hear that you are struggling to come up with one. You certainly didn't strike as the victim type. It might be fun for you to explore the fatal attractions though.. Get curious about yourself relative to that.. Just see what comes up. Maybe nothing. Maybe something juicy.. Love and hugs.. L. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. make that FIRST true love.. perhaps my proofing skills still need some work! ;P

    ReplyDelete